As of March 25, ONT is shifting to an entirely curbside model for grocery distribution.
Guests can pre-order groceries online and schedule the time to pick-up. If you cannot order online, please call 978-388-1907 to place your order. Groceries will be delivered directly to your car during your scheduled pick-up time. If you cannot leave your house, please have someone pick up for you. If you need delivery, please call 978-388-1907.
We have a new online ordering system launching on March 31, which will improve the experience for our guests. Ordering is for next day pick-up. We're sorry but we cannot process same-day pick-ups. Please place your order by 4:00pm the day before you want to pick it up.
Curbside pick-up will be available at the following locations.
Amesbury Market - Our Neighbors' Table, 194 Main Street
- Wednesdays: 10:00am - 1:00pm and 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Thursdays: 12:00pm - 3:00pm and 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Fridays: 9:00am - 12:00pm and 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Saturdays: 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Thursdays 10:00am - 12:00pm
- 1st and 3rd Saturdays: 9:00am - 10:30am
Wednesday Meal - Main Street Congregational Church, 145 Main Street, Amesbury
- Hot to-go meals will be available for takeout. Limited seating available to those who need it. Guests will come to the back entrance to receive the hot meals. If you are ill, please send someone to pick up your meal for you. If there isn't anyone available to pick up a meal for you, please call 978-388-1907 to make arrangements for food.
To do our part to minimize risk of infection and to allay fears of exposure in our community, ONT is taking the following steps:
- Communication: any changes in programs, policies or protocols will be communicated through our social media, email and website platforms; weekly updates will also be distributed in our programs.
- Food access: Access to food when and where people need it remains our top priority. We are developing alternate distribution methods to assist people who are too ill to come to ONT or who are particularly vulnerable to the flu or Covid-19. Groceries will be distributed curbside to vehicles; Wednesday Meals are available for take-out at the back church entrance, with limited seating inside for those who need it. Additional protocols will roll out as needed. In the meantime, if you cannot come to us, please call our office 978-388-1907 to speak to a member of our program team to make arrangements.
- Protect yourself and others: If you are feeling ill or have recently come in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with Covid-19 or is under investigation regardless of how minor your symptoms, we ask you to stay home. We make this request of staff, volunteers and guests. If you have recently come in contact with anyone who is displaying symptoms of or has been diagnosed with COVID-19, please do not come to ONT. If you are in need of food and are ill or have been exposed to the virus, please call us at 978-388-1907 to to make arrangements.
- Routine Screening/Cleaning: ONT is taking extra steps to screen all volunteers, staff and visitors. The ONT office is closed to outside visitors. Everyone on ONT premises will be screened for previous exposure and subject to hygiene and social distancing protocols. Handwashing continues to be an important part of maintaining a healthy environment. Extra washing, hand sanitizers, and surface cleaning will be routinely administered in all ONT environments.
- Crowd Control: We will be closely monitoring crowd size at all ONT locations. Markets will be closed to shopping (see info for curbside pick-up); volunteer shifts will be minimized; staff and volunteers will be recruited in teams for specific “home bases” and timeframes to minimize potential spreading from one population to another.
- Please help us spread this information so that people know how to access food.
- Please do NOT come to our office, market or other program locations unless you are a scheduled volunteer. Please do not come to drop off a donation or inquire about helping. You can reach us via phone or email: Lesley@ourneighborstable.org
- Help your neighbors: If you know of someone who is afraid, too ill, or too vulnerable to come out and get food, offer to come and get food for them or tell them to call us. We don’t want anyone going without.
- Volunteering: If you are in our volunteer system, be on the lookout for calls to action as we adapt our programming to developing needs. We will be screening all of our volunteers to help you assess your risk level before scheduling or reporting for your shifts. If you have never volunteered with ONT before, we appreciate your desire to help. Consider reaching out to people you know who may be in need and offer to shop for them. Remember to follow recommended hygiene, cleaning and distancing practices when reaching out. If you may be at risk, stay home!
- Donations: With schools and community meals closing, ONT’s programs will be a critical resource for families and elders, in particular. Please consider a monetary donation to help us ramp up our programs. Financial donations allow us the flexibility to purchase whatever needs may arise in the coming weeks as our programs adapt to public health guidelines. Donations can be made online at ourneighborstable.org/give.
- Food donations: We are not currently requesting donations of food. However, if you would like to donate personal care items (toilet paper, shampoo, toothpaste, soap), those items are needed and can be most easily shipped to our warehouse via online purchasing. If you operate a commercial kitchen or retail outlet that has perishable foods that you need to get rid of, please call us as we may be able to redistribute those items through our programs.
Lyndsey Haight, Executive Director, x11
Lori Townsend, Program Director, x12